Thursday, February 1, 2018

Bedroom & Bathroom Makeover!

Hello, hello!

I am SO excited to share this post with y'all. I've been wanting to
re-do our bedroom and bathroom for what seems 
like a very LONG time. 

My whole theory on holding off to do a makeover
was waiting until we purchased a house, get a good vibe of the new 
space, and then do a makeover. However I'm not entirely sure 
2018 will be our year to purchase a house, perhaps towards the end
of the year or 2019. The longer I thought about it the more it drove me
nuts knowing I was waiting to do a makeover when really I could do
it right now. I'm embarrassed to admit it but my bedspread, curtains,
bathroom decor, etc. is all from 2011--part of my college days. These
items were starting to get old, out of style, mismatched, and just not 
me anymore. I finally came to my senses and agreed to use {2} 
Bed, Bath, & Beyond gift cards we received as wedding gifts. 
I will admit that it was hard for me to use the gift cards simply because 
I felt "bad" that I wasn't contributing them to a household item. But 
when your bedspread and bathroom rugs are so thin they don't
do the job anymore, I think its safe to say I used the gift cards wisely.


I was so over the dark plum colors, they just needed to go.
So when I started my search for a new color scheme, I knew it meant
BRIGHT colors :) I searched online at several shops for a new
bedspread and didn't have much luck. It wasn't until a gal 
follow on Instagram shared her darling bedspread that I knew it 
was the one. A white bedspread with gorgeous grey details,
a timeless piece. I love how its neutral, making it easy
to add pops of color for decor. The two smaller decorative 
pillows I already had on my previous bedspread so it 
worked out nicely that they matched.


Now on to the bathroom. Again, I was so over
my shower curtain, rugs, & towels. Our poor rugs were so thin 
and not holding up the job. I also had a lot of mismatched towels, 
washcloths, etc. which drove me nuts. Needless to say I was over the 
moon to have a brighter color bathroom and matching towels! 
Since our bedroom has a grey & white theme, I wanted
our bathroom to look the same. I decided to go with this
adorable grey & white shower curtain, solid grey rugs,
and some colorful towels. All my bathroom accessories are from 
Bed, Bath, & Beyond, minus my storage container, which is 
from Target. Oh, and the solid grey towels were a wedding gift.



Overall I'm so glad I did the makeover. 
The neutrals really brighten up our room and
completely transform the space. I love how crisp, 
clean, & mature everything looks. 

P.S. 
Ginger loves our new bedding. She curled up
like that for hours when I was re-doing our room.
I just adore her <3

Sincerely,
Ashley Nicole, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment